Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all doing well and are safe! I'm safe. The fire near is is about six miles away and we have not been told to evacuate yet.....YAY! It is suppose to get very windy tomorrow and we are expecting thunderstorms. I'm praying for lots of rain (we had a HUGE dump the Friday I was away for my anniversary...before the fire). I'm also praying for no lightening strikes! The strange thing at this time is knowing what to do with myself. Do I just concentrate on packing things? Do I try to do life as normal? Do I have my classes? Do I prepare for next month? I do a lot of wandering around....wondering what I should be doing! I have decided that I'm going to keep going forward....NORMALLY....planning for the future, preparing for the future while being alert to the current! I had a class last night, a class this morning and a class next Wednesday. I'm gonna be like Dory on Finding Nemo (just keep swimming). My mantra is just keep going!
So here's a little INSPIRATION for you! It's COOL and SUPER CUTE!
All images © 1990-2021 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets – Penguin Place (156410); Bundle with punch (156789)
· Card Stock – Thick Basic White (159229); Basic White (159276); Pumpkin Pie (105117); Balmy Blue (146982)
· Stamp Pads – Memento Black (132708); Pumpkin Pie (126945); Balmy Blue (147105)
· Misc. – Penguin Builder Punch (156452); Layering Diorama Dies (155565); Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper- Free Sale-a-bration choice- (158420); Glittered Organdy Ribbon (156408); Subtle Shimmer Sequins (156407); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ SEAL (152813); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Paper Snips (103579)
· Card Stock 1: Thick Basic White- 8 ½” x 5 ½”
· Card Stock 2: Balmy Blue- 5 ¼” x 4
· Card Stock 3: Basic White- 4” x 3” for “ice” + scrap for penguin and sentiment
· Card Stock 4: Pumpkin Pie- scrap for feet
· Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper- 5” x 3 ¾”
1. Score the Thick Basic White card base on the long side at 4 ¼” and fold.
2. Adhere the Balmy Blue layer to the card front with Stampin’ SEAL.
3. Die-cut the larger Diorama opening in the designer paper layer and adhere to the card front.
4. Die-cut a smaller diorama layer in Basic White to make an “ice” block. Then stamp the snowflake image on the ice with Balmy Blue ink. Before you attach the “ice” add a small piece of ribbon to the card and adhere using Stampin’ SEAL. Then, attach the “ice” to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Stamp a penguin on Basic White scrap using Memento Black ink. Then, punch him out with the Penguin Builder Punch. Stamp his beak using Pumpkin Pie ink.
6. Punch two feet with the Pumpkin Pie scrap paper and add them to your penguin using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. Add the penguin to your “ice” block using Stampin’ SEAL and one Stampin’ Dimensional under his head that is hanging off the ice.
8. Stamp the sentiment on scrap Basic White cardstock and trim to 2 ¾” x 3/8”. Add to the card front with a little Stampin’ SEAL or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
To finish the card, add some Subtle Shimmer Sequins using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I usually sprinkle some sequins on the card where I want them then add glue where they land then tap off any extras.
Click HERE to shop now!