Good Monday morning everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was stormy...lots of rain...a little snow...and my daughter had the flu! A good weekend to just stay in and watch some TV. My daughters favorite show is Heartland...a family friendly series! Well...it's Monday and I have a "Make-It Monday" to share with you today...and boy is it CUTE!!!
"Make-It Monday": Moon Baby card created with NEWStampin' Up! products
All images © 1990-2017 Stampin’ Up!®
Image & page number of the full stamp set shown below the project instructions.
- Stamp Set: Moon Baby (143082-w or 143085-c)
- Cardstock and Paper: Pool Party (1222924), Watercolor Paper (122959), Vellum Cardstock (101856), and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (135315)
- Stampin’ Pads: Basic Black Archival (140931) and So Saffron (126957)
- Miscellaneous: Watercolor Pencils (141709), Aqua Painters (103954), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), Magnetic Platform (130658), Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (145372), Layering Circles Framelits Dies (141705), Tree Builder Punch (138295), Large Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (133739), Pool Party 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon (141691), Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine (134575), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Fine-Tip Glue Pen (138309), Paper Snips (103579), household tape, a hobby knife such as X-Acto and a cutting mat.
- Pool Party card base: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” then folded plus a piece 4” x 5-1/4”
- Watercolor Paper: 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” and 2” x 2” plus a small scrap
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: about 4” x 3”
- Twine: about 1-3/4” plus about 4” to tie a small bow
- Pool Party ribbon: 5”
- Stamp moon baby, star from the moon baby image, and the sentiment with Basic Black Archival Ink onto the three sizes of Watercolor Paper taking care to position where you stamp with future die cutting in mind.
- Using the Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, and Melon Mambo Watercolor Pencils, lightly color in the stamped images (moon baby and separate star you just stamped). With a light touch of the Aqua Painter, so as to not gush out water, paint within the lines to distribute the pencil color. Set aside to dry. Once dry, cut out moon baby with a large circle from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Using Paper Snips, cut out the star.
- Stamp single star image over sentiment with So Saffron ink then cut out sentiment with a circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies.
- Punch 3 clouds each, from the Tree Builder punch, in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the Vellum Cardstock. Adhere the vellum clouds to the back of the glimmer paper clouds, using SNAIL Adhesive, so that the vellum is peeking out at the top to add depth.
- Using the Large Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, emboss the 4” x 5-1/4” Pool Party cardstock piece.
- Using a hobby knife and a cutting mat, carefully cut on the stitched border of the sentiment piece so that the 3/8” ribbon can slide through – you will probably cut about 5 stitched sections on each side.
- Gently slide ribbon through and align so sentiment piece is on the left. Using SNAIL on the back of the ribbon and Watercolor Paper, adhere to the embossed Pool Party piece so that sentiment is about ½” from the left and about ¾” from the bottom. Wrap excess around back and adhere with SNAIL.
- Adhere the clouds, with SNAIL, to the embossed piece so the highest two are extending over the edges and making sure to position so they will peek out behind the moon baby later. Trim excess clouds with Paper Snips.
- Using the hobby knife, cut a tiny slit just beneath baby’s fist then thread Twine through about ½” and using household tape, tape Twine end to back of baby piece.
- Using Fine Tip Glue Pen, draw a thin line of glue down from the baby’s fist then quickly lay down Twine to adhere.
- With another dab of glue, take the star from #2 above and adhere to end of Twine so it’s just dangling from the moon baby piece. Tie a ribbon with another piece of Twine and adhere. Let dry.
- Using SNAIL, adhere embossed piece to card base.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere moon baby onto card front, a little to the right and so all three clouds are peeking out.
|Here's a look at the stamp set! SO CUTE!!|
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a FANTASTIC day! Hope you are inspired to CREATE today!!