Hi there! How was your day today? I hope you were able to get some creating done! I've been busy doing nothing but waiting. Well, I did make a potato salad to go with our BLT's tonight. We still have our evacuee company which is helping me stay busy. We're just constantly looking for updates on the fire! We also rounded up the same sheep we moved about 10 days ago...not easy and a bunch of chickens. They are now being evacuated to the coast! What an adventure! My family and I are all safe. We're still on a warning of evacuation but not an order yet. The winds have been in our favor and we actually could see the sky and sun today. It was wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time...because the fire is moving towards our neighboring communities. It's about five miles away from us now. We are still praying for rain....lots of rain! The winds are predicted to change on Friday, making it come our direction faster. Please pray for rain, the firefighters and all those involved in getting the fires out...not just ours, but all those that are burning throughout the Western United States!
Here's a fun tutorial using one of my favorite designer papers!
Expressions in Ink Pocket Card
All images © 1990-2021 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets – Artistically Inked (154542)
· Card Stock (CS) – Shaded Spruce (146981); Basic White Thick (159229)
· Ink Pads – Magenta Madness (153117); Shaded Spruce (147088); Pale Papaya (155670)
· Misc. – Artistic Dies (155371); Stitched Rectangles Dies (151820); Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper (DSP (155464); Artistry Booms Adhesive-Backed Sequins (152477); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430): Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Tear & Tape (154031); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Bone Folder (102300); Take Your Pick Tool (144107); Paper Trimmer (152392); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
· Shaded Spruce CS: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored in half at 5-1/2” (2 pieces)
· Basic White Thick CS: 5-1/4” x 3-3/4” plus scraps for die cutting
· DSP: 5-1/4” x 4”, then cut in half diagonally
1. Burnish the folds in the two Shaded Spruce CS bases.
2. Lay the bases side by side, lying horizontally, so the folds are on the left and right.
3. Cut the front of the left base diagonally from the top left corner to the bottom right corner.
4. Cut the front of the right base diagonally from the bottom left to the top right.
5. Glue the back of the bases together, so that the triangular fronts overlap in the front.
6. Glue the DSP triangles onto the two card fronts.
7. Using Tear & Tape, adhere the left front onto the inside, only along the very bottom edge.
8. Using Tear & Tape along the bottom edge, and glue where the two fronts overlap, adhere the right front down. Now you have a pocket!
9. Using the large ink splotch stamp and Pale Papaya ink, stamp along the top edge of the 5-1/4” x 3-3/4” Basic White Thick CS piece.
10. Onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS, stamp the larger flower and the tiny flowers in Magenta Madness ink., and 2 leaves and the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink.
11. Die cut the sentiment using the Stitched Rectangles Dies.
12. Die cut the flowers and leaves using the Artistic Dies.
13. Lay all the die cut pieces on the front of the pocket to arrange them, then glue all the pieces together in a cluster.
14. Adhere the cluster onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals (I used the regular size and the mini.)
15. Apply sequins onto the large flower and the larger two of the tiny flowers.
16. Slide the Basic White Thick CS piece into the top of the pocket.
Click HERE to shop now!
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!