Hello everyone! I've been off the grid for the past couple of weeks. There have been lots of emotions as school starts back up! Kate started her sophomore year today. They're doing a block schedule, wearing masks (school spirit masks) and social distancing. I've just spent the last couple of weeks hanging with her, my husband and my adult kids. I'm so happy for her...she's missed her friends and the social interaction. I'm not gonna lie though, I've been very sad that Adam isn't going off to college. It's been over a year and not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him. I'm keeping my focus on Kate today though...she's a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart and an exciting future ahead. I'm blessed to be her mom! I'm also blessed to have all of you who follow my blog...who support my small business...who are on my team and who help me earn fun trips! THANK YOU!
ENJOY today's "Make-It Monday" tutorial!! It's a lovely card!
Blossoms in Bloom
All images © 1990-2020 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets – Blossoms in Bloom* (152684)
· Card Stock (CS) – Seaside Spray (150883); Misty Moonlight (153081); Whisper White (100730)
· Ink Pads – Misty Moonlight (153118)
· Misc. – Many Layered Blossoms Dies* (153582); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Multipurpose Liquid glue (110755); Take Your Pick Tool (144107); Paper Snips (103579); Press n Seal plastic wrap (available at the grocery store)
*aAvailable in a bundle to save 10% (154123)
· Seaside Spray CS: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored in half at 5-1/2”
· Whisper White CS: 4-1/4” x ½”; 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” for die cutting
· Misty Moonlight CS: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” for die cutting
· Press n Seal: about 4-1/2” x 6”
1. This card is made using the PPPST (Paper Piecing Press n Seal Technique) by Kylie Bertucci, a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia.
2. Burnish the fold in the card base using a Bone Folder.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink onto the Whisper White CS strip, and glue it onto the inside of the card base.
4. Use the large outline die to cut the 4-1/4” x 5-1/2 Misty Moonlight CS piece.
5. Carefully lift the die off the paper, then cover it with Press n Seal and burnish with your finger so all the die cut pieces stick to the plastic. Use the plastic to lift the die cut from the cutting plate.
6. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with the 4-1/4” x 5-1/2 Whisper White CS piece.
7. Peel the Misty Moonlight outline piece from its plastic, leaving all the middle pieces.
8. Apply Stampin’ Dimensionals onto the backs of the large flower petals, then apply glue onto the smaller flower petals and the leaves.
9. Flip it over and, using the plastic to place it where you want it, press it down onto the front of the card base.
10. Very, very carefully peel back the plastic, making sure each adhered piece sticks to the card base.
11. Peel the Whisper White outline from its plastic, apply glue to the back, and place it around the Misty Moonlight pieces. A Take Your Pick Tool or a piercing tool (aka pokey tool) can help you push it down around the large petals that on Dimensionals.
12. You may want to add a little bling, but I think it’s pretty spectacular as it is.
13. Another option is to cut a piece of Whisper White CS to 4” x 5-1/4” and stamp the sentiment on it for the inside, instead of using the strip.
Do youNEED any of today's supplies?