Hello everyone! Happy Monday! Golly...it was nippy this morning...30 degrees! We turned our heater on! I hope you all are well this wonderful day! It's time for another "Make-It Monday" tutorial!
This tutorial came from a group that I'm in where we share our creations and directions on how to recreate them. I absolutely LOVE this one and thought you would too! ENJOY!!
"Make-It Monday" - Comfort and Hope
- Stamp Set: Comfort and Hope (152509)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Blushing Bride (131198), Crumb Cake (120953), In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (152494), Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (149612), Water Painters (151298)
- Extras: In Good Taste Elements (152476), Dimensionals (104430), Stampin’ Seal (152813)
- Ink: Crumb Cake (147116), Blushing Bride (147100), Early Espresso (147114
· Crumb Cake: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, (card base)
· Blushing Bride: 5 ¼” x 4”
· Whisper White: 5’ x 3 ¾”; ¾” x 3 ¼” strip
· Fluid 100 Watercolor paper: 5’ x 3 ¾”
· Designer Paper: 1’ x 3 ½” strip
1. Squeeze the Blushing Bride inkpad -while closed- in order to put some ink on the lid. Use watercolor painter to squeeze some water onto the lid and brush a watercolor wash background onto the watercolor paper. While the background wash is still wet – stamp the herringbone pattern in blushing bride on the right side. Allow to dry.
2. Stamp the saying with Crumb Cake ink onto the Whisper White strip. Use a punch or scissors to cut the banner ending.
3. Cut the end of the Designer Series strip on an angle.
4. When dry, stamp the circle pattern in Crumb cake ink onto the right side of the watercolor paper. Use Early Espresso ink to stamp the foliage.
5. Adhere the Blushing Bride to the Crumb Cake card base. Adhere the watercolor background to the Blushing Bride layer.
6. Adhere the Designer Series paper strip to the watercolor paper as shown. Use Fine Tip Glue pen to adhere the In Good Taste Elements as shown.
7. Use Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals to adhere the saying.
8. Stamp the Whisper White inside as shown with Crumb Cake ink. To achieve the two tone look of the foliage – stamp once with a fully inked stamp and then immediately again without reinking the stamp in between. Adhere to the inside. Give to someone who could use a hug right now.
Isn't this a beautiful card...so simple...I LOVE IT!!!