Hello there! How's your day going? I woke up to snow on the mountain! It was a beautiful sight! I hope we get gobs of snow this year to end our drought here in California!
Welcome to today's "Make-It Monday"! I hope you'll give this BEAUTIFUL tutorial a try!!
All images © 1990-2021 Stampin’ Up!®
· Stamp Sets: Welcoming Woods (156550)
· Card Stock and Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock (120953); Basic White Cardstock (159276); Early Espresso Cardstock (119686)
· Stamp Pads: Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad (147116); Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad (147105); Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad (153081); Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad (147094); Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (147115); Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (147114)
· Tools: Timber 3D Embossing Folder (156406); Blending Brushes (153611)
· Miscellaneous: Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154906); Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154882); Wonderful Gems (153536); Simply Elegant Trim (155766); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ Seal Adhesive (152813) Sticky Note or scrap paper for masking
· Crumb Cake Card Stock: 11” x 4 ¼”, 5 ½” x 2 ½”
· Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 4”
· Early Espresso Cardstock:
· DSP: 4 1/8” x 4 1/8”
· Gold Simply Elegant Trim: 21”
1. Fold Crumb Cake card base in half to form 5 ½” x 4 ¼” card.
2. Run the 5 ½” x 2 ½” piece of Crumb Cake CS through the Timber 3D Embossing Folder and adhere to center or card front running Top to Bottom.
3. Stamp birch tree stamp on to Basic White CS with Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad making sure trees reach or run off the top of paper. You may need to stamp the image twice next to each other depending on your placement.
4. Stamp “Ground” image in Soft Suede Classic Ink and stamp “around” tree base to simulate the ground or horizon.
5. Using a sticky note or scrap paper mask off the top half of your card. Swipe your Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad with your Blending Brush and starting off your image work color onto the base of your trees from each side leaving the center light or almost white. Do the Same thing with the Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad but only on edges of your card bringing the dark in from each side.
6. Unmask your card and reverse it masking the part you just colored leaving the top half open for blending.
7. Blending color in a “U” shape; add Balmy Blue color with Classic Stampin’ Pad and a Blending Brush. Continue same process with Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad only bringing it in slight on right and left side of card and bottom of masked area. Finish by blending Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad in the center of the “U” simulating light coming in from above.
8. Stamp leaves twice with Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad
9. Using your Crumb Cake Blends Combo Pack and color around the base of trees to make them feel “grounded”.
10. Using a Dark Soft Suede Blends Brush Tip and “flick” ink onto card front by brushing it on inside of cap causing splattering onto the card.
11. Stamp “Hello Friend” greeting onto bottom of stamped and colored card with Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad.
12. Wrap Gold Trim around card twice and tie in a bow offsetting it from the greeting.
13. Adhere Basic White CS piece to Early Espresso CS and use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere to card base.
14. Add 3 of the gold specked gems from the Wonderful Gems pack onto card front.